Family Afloat Day
6th October 2019Free
- This event has passed.
Here at ‘4 Cancer’ we understand that families need a break from the stresses of living with cancer. For nearly ten years now we have been organising sailing days in partnership with our sister organisation Sail 4 Cancer. These days are a great opportunity for all the family to get out on the water and have some good honest fun!
“A truly fantastic day. Organization brilliant, hospitality superb, crew outstanding – building confidence and competence in a very calm and considered way. Days like today mean the world.” Sharon
Our family fun days are one of our most popular respite trips. With multiple boats out on the water and a day filled with fun and games, they are always an outing to remember. The day will finish with afternoon tea in the sun and the chance to talk to the other families.
The Family Afloat days are suitable for those aged 14 and above. We can sometimes take slightly younger children, but please ask us before booking. No sailing experience is necessary! There is no charge for participating in the day’s activities.
- 9.00am Guests meet in Hamble for bacon rolls (or similar).
- 10.00am Safety briefing on board the yachts.
- 10.30am Treasure Hunt commences.
- 1.00pm Lunch onboard in destination marina.
- 2.00pm Treasure Hunt Part 2.
- 4.30pm return to Port Hamble Marina
- 5.40pm afternoon tea, a chance to chat through the day’s events – and to find out which boat won the Treasure Hunt!
Can we add other fields to the details box such as minimum age, start time, end time,
Need either a link which points to the respite application form – same as this one https://rayzume.com/4CancerGroup/GrantForm
OR a simple contact form which replicates with Salesforce – probably a form for now will be fine